Your new design will be uploaded in:
Please contact Delivery Team on
0113 3200 750 if you have any queries.


Admissions Procedure

Derbyshire County Council is responsible for Tupton Primary and Nursery Academy admissions, you can find information about the process at:


Nursery Admissions 

Applications for a Nursery place are done through the school. Please ask at the office for an application pack


Applying for a primary or infant school place for 2020

If your child was born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016 they will be eligible to start in a reception class in September 2020. Applications for children due to start infant, primary and junior schools in September 2020 will open in November 2019. Further information will be available on the Derbyshire County Council site at that time. (see above link)

Our Pupil Admission Number (PAN) is 40 children per year group.

Admission Policy

The admission criteria is as follows:

Priority will be given to:

  • cared for children 
  • siblings of children who will still be attending the school on entry 
  • shortest distance from the school (based on a reasonable walking distance)

Changing school at other times

You may want to apply for your child to change schools other than when they are due to start primary, junior or secondary education. This could be because of a change of address. You can do this online at any time of year and DCC have added guidance in the changing schools section to help you through the process. If you live outside of Derbyshire you should apply through your home council, even if you want to apply for a place at a Derbyshire school.

Please remember… You have a legal right to express a preference for which school you want your child to go to. This isn’t the same as being able to choose. Where you have told DCC of a preference for a particular school and there are places they will try to offer you a place at that school. However, there is no automatic right to a place at a particular school and it may not always be possible to offer a place at your preference. You have the right to appeal where you’re unhappy with the offer made and this can be done online. See the information on the secondary appeals or primary and junior appeals web pages